Thursday, September 1, 2011

One of my Favorite Summer/Fall Activities!!!!

Bonfire
One of my favorite leisure activities in the spring/summer/fall is to build a bonfire in our firepit!  I love our firepit!  It doesn't quite look like this, but it is close enough!  I shall have to start taking my own pictures soon!  :) 

I love cooking a tinfoil dinner over the coals, and then enjoying it once it is cooked!

My other favorite thing to do with a bonfire is to roast marshmallows!  For the most part, I like them black, but every now and again I am patient enough, (yes I do have a small measure of patience... on occasion, that I can brown a marshmallow quite nicely!)   

Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of bonfires this year, not to sure why not, it isn't like we haven't been here!  Anywho, I think it is now on the menu weekly until it gets too cold!  :)

Last year, I had a dream!  My dream was to have a bonfire on Christmas Day...  the weather was even perfect for it, unfortunately I was super sick, and it didn't happen.  Perhaps if someone comes for Christmas, I may get my Christmas bonfire.  The key is someone to come and visit, who would enjoy staying inside with our new baby!    :)  Oh mom, what are you doing for Christmas this year?

Today turned out to be a great day to do a bonfire, although I did have to talk to the clouds, here is what I told them...

"Dear Dark Clouds, When I planned the menu for this week, I included tin foil dinner's for this evenings supper to be cooked in our firepit, this means, you really need to come back like tomorrow or the next day when I'm not cooking in the firepit! Thanks in advance for your cooperation!!!"

And cooperate they did!  So I felt I should thank them as well...

"Dear Dark Clouds, it is me again, thank you for allowing me the privilege of being able to cook tin foil dinners outside for supper, it has been a lovely experience! Thanks so much for your cooperation. Until next time!"

So yup this is one of my favorite things to do!  However, I enjoy it much more when my husband is home, and is able to join me outside, but he had a job to do out of town, and it took a lot longer than he thought.  His tinfoil dinner is being kept warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment