Things are never dull around here that is for sure, something is always changing lately, which is good, I'm not complaining, it is just interesting how there is always something going on!
The newest change would be at Church I guess. For the next little while anyway, we get to sleep in a bit and don't have to leave at 7:30 for our 1 1/2 trek to church! Yeah! How long that will last... who knows, as I said, change is the only constant!
Last week was our Branch Conference! Of course the Stake was out, and probably doubled our attendance! President Robison and his counselors President Oler and President Baronins, and Brother Cormack. Sister Finken and Sister McGinnis were there for Primary, Sister De Guzman (Romy) variety was there for Young Women, and Sister Beaumont, Sister Cornia and Sister Yuell were there for Relief Society. Marvin came along for the ride with Karen, or so I thought!
Imagine our surprise when they released our newly called Branch Presidency and Elders Quorum Presidency. Then add to my surprise when they called Marvin Beaumont as our new Branch President! For about 10 seconds I was like... okay who is the real new Branch President, and then it sunk it, that this was indeed in fact for real! It was crazy! So now we have President Beaumont, Brother Jay Fox and Brother Drinkwater in the Branch Presidency, and Brother Ben Fox is the EQ Pres, with TJ O'Sullivan and Matt Kostur as counselors. Everything else has stayed the same for now!
I'm excited for President Beaumont, I'm excited that his wife will be joining him! I'm excited for the new changes this will bring for our branch! It shall be good!
The only thing I'm not excited for is getting to talk again, I just spoke the last weekend in August, but of course President Beaumont didn't know that, when he called to ask me to speak! :) After he finished asking, he was like let me guess you just spoke two weeks ago... and I'm like actually I did! :) He laughed! It will be good!
Looking forward to see what comes next especially for Raymond, who was released as 1st counselor and as EQ secretary...
No comments:
Post a Comment