Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Coming

Well my body must know it is time to start thinking about heading back to school.  The last two mornings I've been up super early.  Although today was much better than yesterday!  The 4:45AM yesterday was a little ridiculous, the 5:45AM this morning was much better! 

It definitely seems odd to be heading back to school.  I don't have a classroom of my own this year...  which is a definite added bonus for many multiple reasons
  • I haven't had to spend two- three weeks planning for September like I usually do.
  • I'll be leaving in mid-November so the students won't have to have a transition to a new teacher!
  • I won't have the heavy load of prepping or marking to do for my class.
  • I won't have to plan for a sub, since I just got to my third trimester, and my doctor's appointments are going to once every two weeks!  This is such a huge blessing!
Honestly I'm not sure what exactly my job will involve, I just know that I'll be working with the middle years teachers in their classrooms, possibly with small groups, etc, and that I'll be spending a lot of time in Grade 5 because my friend Shannon will be mentoring Amanda, the new Grade 6 teacher who is taking my place, and Ashley, who is taking over the helm in Grade 7. 

Raymond and I had my Staples run last week, however it was more stuff for the house, than for school, we bought some chairs, one for my office/craft room and one for his office, and a drafting chair for his workroom.  We got a cork/whiteboard for the kitchen.   I also picked up some stuff for the Harvest of Love! 

I am hoping to talk to my principal about the 2012-2013 school year, I'd really like to know what his thoughts are, concerning what I might be coming back to. It would be nice if I could slowly plan throughout this year, so that I'm ready for next year!

Raymond has been a huge help with this!  He helped me build shelves in my office/craft room, and I have boxes, and so I'm going to organize my stuff into grades and subjects, and then it is going to stay at home, unless we're working on that unit at school!  He has also carried the boxes inside for me, which is quite helpful, because I packed them heavy!!!!!  Not realizing I'd have a baby bump and can't carry stuff like I used to.... oops.

I'm excited to go back and see my colleagues, and see how their summers were, and what they have been up to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment