Monday, December 19, 2011

Meeting New Friends and Family!!!!

December 9th was a busy day for Abbey!  We drove to Winnipeg for her first checkup!  What a crazy time that was!  Dr. Reynold's had a resident who was assessing the patients, and the resident had a med student.  So Abbey was checked out essentially 3 times!  She didn't mind most of it!  Although the reflex test wasn't her favorite, thankfully they only did it twice not three times!  I'm sure the Resident knew a lot about medicine and babies, but he didn't know how to do up a diaper, and he made it so loose that it would have fallen off Abbey if we picked her up!  With her appointment out of the way we let the visiting commence!



Romy and Abbey
First we went to Portage Place, where we met up with this pretty lady!  Romy and I couldn't be more different!  Romy has beautiful, long dark hair, and I have barely visible, blonde super short hair!  It will grow I hope!











Next up we went to Grandma and Grandpa's but they were away, visiting my cousins, Greg, Alina, Spencer, and Janelle, and Jared!  However, Great Grandma was home and so was Great Uncle Herb, who just loved me!  He had such a wonderful smile on his face when he was holding me! 







  
 Great Grandma Northcott and I



 Uncle Herb and I

You would think with all of this visiting that our day would be over, but it wasn't by a long shot!  Next up we headed to my mommy's cousin Tom's house, to meet Tom, his wife Verna, and their daughter Leanne!  I couldn't meet Brad because he had to go to work!  Next time maybe he'll be home!

This is Leanne, she is a photographer!  She is super good!  She did a photo shoot with me, even though I was super cranky and was crying and having little fits!


This is Tom!  He was 16 when mommy was born!  



People can't help but enjoy me!  I'm a cutie!


This is Tom's wife, Verna!  She thought I was pretty sweet!  She bought me a pretty dress, and nylons witha  frilly butt on them and another cute outfit!








Grandma, Mom and Dad enjoyed pizza with the Farough family!  Then Leanne did her mini-photo shoot with me!  I cried a lot but Leanne was pretty patient, and persistant, and the results are incredible!  I'll have my mom make a post with those pictures too! 

After the photo shoot, we left and drove home to Ashern!  It was such a long day, that I slept pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment