Friday, May 15, 2009

The World is White


This morning I woke up and discovered the world was very white! It had snowed an incredible amount over night! The snow on my window sill was at least as high has my hand. The calves in the field were going crazy, and who knows what the peacocks were doing!

I anxiously waited a for a call telling me that school was cancelled or closed, but to no avail, I phoned a friend to complain only to have her son say, you don't have to go to school! I jumped for joy and returned to bed! See the picture, that is from my division and that important notice says May 15th, ALL SCHOOLS CLOSED DUE TO SNOW AND SLIPPERY CONDITIONS!

It is now 4:36PM and I've spent most of the day between my couch and my bed reading a book, which I've now finished!


The world is still pretty white, but it has melted off of the trees which is good, because the limbs were struggling under the burden of the extra weight. There are now tracks of mud in the snow from vehicles (not mine- remember I'm still in my house, in clean pjs I put on this morning in anticipation of doing nothing today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment