Friday, May 15, 2009

Books I've Been Reading


My friend turned me onto the author Jodi Picoult! I'd have to say that I'm addicted! This is the first book of her's that I've read! It was such a page turner! Being a teacher this book hit close to home. It goes along the theme of Columbine or Taber, a school shooting.




Plain Truth is the story of an Amish girl who has been accused of murdering her own child, oddly enough she has blocked the entire pregnancy out of her mind in her






Keeping Faith was super great! It was about a girl who is able to preform miraculous healings. She brings her grandma back to life, and cures a baby born with AIDS.






This book was super good! It was about a child who was born with brittle bone disease. The amount of breaks that she had was amazing. It is the story of a court battle between friends one the mother of the girl with brittle bone disease, and her friend the doctor who was treating the mother when it was discovered in utero. Tough choices abound in this book.



Complete shocker ending, what a twist! Loved this book. It is told from 4 perspectives. A mother, who has lost daughter and second husband, to a stranger Shay Bourne she had allowed into her house; the convict in the cell next to Shay, a Priest who actually had sat on the original jury that convicted Shay, and a legal aid lawyer trying to help Shay. It is very gripping!



My Sister's Keeper is the story of a designer child, created to ease the life of an older sister with leukemia, she's been poked, prodded, and given and given, until one day she says "NO!" Yet another shocker ender, which left me grumpy, grateful for the book and its story, but grumpy for the ending!





This is the strangest Jodi Picoult book I've read. I'm not sure I liked it, but it was interesting.







I just finished this book today! I'm not sure what I was expecting from it but it wasn't what I was expecting, I guess I was expecting the total shocker ending, and when it didn't come well... The tale of a young couple who grew up practically inseparable from birth until a secret comes between them too big for Emily to deal with. This book deals with suicide and the effect on those left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment